So have some Hogwartvengers head canons from me.
I just wanted to write down some of my head canons so I can go back to them when I have time to draw stuff from it since school starts in a couple weeks.
Clint - Hufflepuff
- Clint is a muggle born wizard. When he was a child, he inadvertently damaged his ear drums when he magically modified a toy to be too loud.
- He learned archery after the accident and found it to be a skill. He still practices at Hogwarts (Are we really to believe that Qudditch is their only club?)
- Clint wears muggle hearing aids. There isn’t any electricity at Hogwarts so one of the first charms he learned was a charm that would charge the hearing aids.
- Clint represented Hogwarts in his seventh year for the TriWizard Tournament, which while intense, was not deadly.
- Despite being three years older than her, Clint’s closest friend is Natasha. He trusted her with his hearing aids when he had to go into the lake during the tournament.
- Clint was a chaser on the Quidditch team in his fifth and sixth years.
Tony - Ravenclaw
- Tony’s father Howard was a half-blood who went to Hogwarts almost sixty years prior. Tony’s mother is unknown. Howard was one of the smartest wizards of his age and Tony gets compared to him by teachers who knew Howard in school and ghosts who remember Hogward.
- Tony has a penchant for carving things out of wood and enchanting them to come to life. He’s also been known to enchant other student’s action figures.
- Tony’s known for modifying his brooms to try and get maximum power without charming them since Ravenclaw would get disqualified if their brooms were charmed.
- After graduation, Tony carries on his father’s legacy of integrating Muggle and Wizard technology together.
- Tony’s most trusted friend is Pepper, a squib whose grandparents went to school with Howard.
Bruce - Ravenclaw
- Bruce is a pureblood wizard who was bit by a werewolf the summer before he went to Hogwarts.
- Rejected by his family, Bruce spends his summers with Hank McCoy (Beast from X-Men), who is the Care of Magical Creatures teacher, who’s done a lot for acceptance of humanoid creatures being a beast in his own right.
- He never expected to make friends at Hogwarts, but Tony zeroed in on him on the first night and the two have been close ever since.
- Bruce focuses his energy on potions and is working towards a potion that can be even more effective against his lycanthropy.
- Bruce was the Head Boy in his seventh year. It was a position some where jealous went to a werewolf and one he had not expected, though he did his best at his duties.
- Out of Hogwarts, he met Betty, a young muggle. Their love affair was passionate but ultimately could not last because he didn’t know how to tell her about his lycanthropy and he worried about passing it on to any potential children they might have when things got serious.
Natasha - Slytherin
- Natasha comes from a very old Russian pureblood family who moved to Britain when she was seven. She toured Hogwarts and toured the Russian wizarding school her ancestors went to and had a choice between the two. No one knows why exactly she chose Hogwarts.
- Natasha owes Clint her life.When she returned to Hogwarts after winter holidays, the train was boarded by wizards protesting the purebloods. At the time, she and Clint wore roughly the same size of wizarding robe, so he traded their ties and robes, knowing that Slytherins would be targets. Clint did take some hits of hexes and jinxes trying to keep her safe. Ultimately, the older students drove the wizards from the train with backup from teachers who arrived on brooms once word was sent the train was under attack.
- After graduating from Hogwarts, Natasha pursued further wizarding education in Russia. She and Clint keep contact and try to see each other in person at least once a year if possible.
Steve - Gryffindor
- Steve is a half-blood. His father was the wizard and his mother the muggle. When he was young, his father began to loose his magic due to a hereditary defect (I mean if you think about it, couldn’t this technically happen to some wizards?). The more Joe lost his magic, the more he drank, and things were very difficult in the Rogers household.
- The night Steve’s father died, he first used his magic to fix his own nightlight. He was a bit horrified, worried that he might turn out to be like his dad. It’s what pushes him to stand up to bullying and to be kind to others.
- When Steve entered his fourth year, his mother died while he was at Hogwarts. He stays at Hogwarts over holidays and goes to a special home for orphaned wizarding children during the summer.
- Steve’s best friend is Bucky, who grew up down the street from Steve. Bucky is four years younger and in Slytherin. The houses don’t affect their friendship.
- Steve’s first crush was Peggy, a fellow Gryffindor a year younger than Steve. He promised to take her to the Yule Ball, and then was unable when he came down with dragon pox at the start of winter holidays.
- Steve is quite lithe for his age and he was a Seeker in second and third years. He was then moved to Chaser in his fourth and fifth years and he was Keeper for his seventh year.
- Thor and Steve always partner together in class. Thor sees Steve as a capable person and admires Steve’s willingness to take on large threats. Steve takes Thor’s eccentricities in stride. They’re close friends and sometimes Thor and Steve hang out during the summer when Steve doesn’t have chores at the children’s home to attend to. When Thor’s family goes to the Quidditch World Cup, Thor always brings Steve.
Loki - Slytherin
- Loki is in the same year and same house as Natasha. Sometimes they are friends, sometimes they’re not.
- Loki is an elf.Odin found him abandoned as a baby. Elves are wary of wizards and wizards wary of elves. They’re very much halves of the same coin, which have caused them to do battle every so often over the centuries.
- Loki is unaware he is an elf because a glamour Odin cast over him. However, he can tell he’s not like the other children.
- Loki, of course, is a practical joker. It keeps the reserved Slytherins on their toes.
- Loki is the first Slytherin in Odin’s pureblood family in over seven hundred years. Typically, Odin’s ancestors were either placed in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.
- Loki excels in Transfiguration. He also has a natural talent for Runes and Charms.
- Loki and Thor are quite close. However, Loki tends to lose sight of the fact that Thor is loyal to him even when Loki is being a brat.
- There is a rumor going around that Loki might have a crush on Clint. However, there was an incident when Loki was a third year and Clint was a seventh year that ended up with Clint drinking a potion Loki concocted that left Clint compelled to obey whatever Loki said for an hour that soured Clint to Loki considerably. Luckily, it did not affect the tournament.
- Loki discovered that he was an elf in his sixth year at Hogwarts. He’s dissolved ties to Odin. He can’t quite shake Thor completely. Some think Loki might be trying to start the next elves vs. wizards war.
Thor - Gryffindor
- Thor’s family is very old and very pure. He’s one of several siblings.
- Thor has been a Beater on the Quidditch team from third year through seventh year with the exception of his sixth year when the tournament happened.
- Thor managed to get OWLs and NEWTs in Defense and Charms. Like his family, he’s apt as a wizarding warrior. However, he lacks the focus and skill to do as well in other courses.
- A unique punishment in the Odin household is getting sent to the muggle world when you’ve been especially bad. One time when he got sent to muggle London when he was sixteen. He ended up running into a muggle girl named Jane.It’s a point of friction in the family because even the non-direct family members in their family have not strayed from marrying other wizards.Darcy is near-convinced Thor is part of some sort of illegal activity.
- Hearing that Loki might bring a magic war does hurt Thor. He doesn’t understand how Loki can side with a group who abandoned him. Loki cannot see why Thor would want him to side with people who lied to him for his entire life.
- Thor and Bruce have some friction. However, Bruce does come to grow on Thor the more he sees how strong Bruce can be as a wizard.